Baghdad Girl

Blogging Since 2004

Thursday, October 23, 2014

The last post & The Goodbye

I started this blog years ago, when my heart was pure and my pain was little. The blog was supposed to be the true voice of Iraqis to the outside world, it was supposed to tell the truth that was never revealed by the media, and I hope the blog has done all that, I hope you all understand now that the war was unfair and its consequences were inhuman.
Too much has happened over the years and I saw too many people get hurt, we now live in a world where a widow with children is forced to leave her home with nothing but some clothes and suffer and fight so that her children can continue their education. A world where terrorist kidnap a father and a son, get money from their family and give them false hope that the hostages will be coming back in an hour, only to find later that the son is dead and the father has been shot 4 times and is currently in a coma. A world where people are competing whose pain is greater. My feelings are no longer important compared to those who suffer more than I do, my writings don't give them justice and don't give me satisfaction no more.
ISIS is the latest and cruelest war on Iraq, they misuse the name of Islam and they will never understand Islam. They murder Muslims and Christians all the same, this is not politics anymore but it is the beginning of the end of humanity, whoever is responsible for it is definitely not human. This will be the last post I write to you, my friends. I give up, I can not make the difference that I wished to make and I only hope that my silence will do better than my words.


Remember me with love, I love you all.

14 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    This is so sad to read. I quit reading blogs years ago, but kept following the news of Iraq and Syria. It sickens me what the United States did in that part of the world, and even more so that they do all they can now to forget about it, like it was all a bad dream.

     
  • At 3:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I came searching for you today. I always remembered reading the words from the girl who loved cats from Baghdad.. I hope this finds you doing well. I will never forget you and wish you all the best. Sto Lat...

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I am speechless and crying. I'll pray for you, maybe that's all I can do, pray for all suffering. <3

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No, Raghda, you write so very well, your silence will not do better than your words. You have such an incredibly talented way of exposing the heart and truth not just of Iraq, but of mankind. I hope that one day you will pick up the pen again... Namaste, Lenny

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I will always adore the girl from Baghdad who loves cats. Blessed be, Raghda. May peace be with you. Fiona

     
  • At 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Raghda, I hope somehow you can feel our care from far away. I don't want you to give up either. This world needs honest people with honest voices like yours. None of us can make the difference we wish but it helps to keep talking? You are not alone. Please know how many hearts feel broken because of all the unfair disasters which happened to innocent people. We wish it had been otherwise and always will. Do you know what happened to Sunshine or where she is?

     
  • At 11:54 PM , Blogger Raghda said...

    Dear friend, thank you for your words, I really appreciate all the support you guys give me.
    Sunshine is ok, she is still in Iraq but things are a bit hard for her because of what happened to her hometown Mosul.

     
  • At 11:57 PM , Blogger Raghda said...

    I wish I can meet you and all of the beautiful readers who come searching for me, if you ever came to Dubai, let me know.
    Thank you for your kind words.

     
  • At 12:00 AM , Blogger Raghda said...

    aaaw don't cry my friend, my intention was never to make people sad, I may be sad and may have gave up but I will always be the same girl who could post a cat picture during war. I will find a way, don't worry <3

     
  • At 12:01 AM , Blogger Raghda said...

    I hope so too Lenny, thank you for you visit. I take all your words with me wherever I go <3 thank you for remembering me.

     
  • At 12:03 AM , Blogger Raghda said...

    And I adore you Fiona <3
    Thank you for being so kind, and for writing such an memorable comment, it touched my heart. Thank you.

     
  • At 12:04 AM , Blogger Raghda said...

    Thank you for the comment dear, lets hope things will get better.

     
  • At 3:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Can I email you?

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Anonymous Tony M. said...

    Good post.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home